Mods and photos from my "Bella"!

pamendes

Nuovo Alfista
22 Dicembre 2004
Portugal
alfa147.freewebpage.org
Mechanical mods:
Remap, more fuel and advance, changed electronic accelerator map, without rev limiter, etc.
Dynamic intake, BMC-CDA.
Sparkplugs, NGK Iridium.
Removal of the pre-kats.
Full inox exhaust line, kept the main kat and installed exhaust silencer.
Thermal tape on the exhaust manifolds.
Installation of new strengthened clutch from Luk.
Lighter flywheels, less 800g.
Elimination of some parts as unnecessary cover of the engine, foam, plates and pipes.
Opening a hole on the lights support for air inlet for dynamic intake.

Interior mods:
DIY shifter.
Recaro seats from the Selespeed version.
Blaupunkt Autoradio, Bose sound system (4 tweeters, 4 woofers, 1 sub-woofer).
Sport pedals.
Custom carpets.
Installation of an fire extinguisher.
Elimination of the tire on the trunk and replaced with a tire repair kit.

Exterior alterations:
Headlights interior black painted, like GTA version.
Front bumper plastic grid changed with a metallic grid.
White blinkers from MHW.
Brake callipers painting with Foliatec red ink.
Anti-robbery Valves.
Wheel Lock Nuts.
Supersport Alfa Romeo Wheels 17''
GoodYear Eagle F1 GSD3 215/40-17'' tires.
Koni (adjustable dampers).
Novitec Springs (45mm).
Sparco strutbrace (adjustable).

Mods in a next future:
Elimination of the rubber on the bumpers (back and frontal) and or installation of a new bumper kit.
Polish all paint.
Replace my SS wheels with new ones....maybe OZ Superleggera.

My "Bella" photos.

body013ry.jpg

body028vc.jpg

body035yh.jpg

Headlight DIY mod, GTA style!
body048og.jpg

Engine.
engine010xe.jpg

engine022bh.jpg

engine031ce.jpg

Thermal manifold tape.
engine049ng.jpg

Custom silencer.
engine057mn.jpg

Interior.
interior013ve.jpg

interior029to.jpg

Problems with a lower car!
dsc006568rp.jpg

More old photos...

017rq.jpg

025hs.jpg

0107dp.jpg

Mine playing with a GTV 2.0 V6TB...
gta82xd.jpg

imagem0125el.jpg

I was thinking on installing OZ Superleggera in 17''...
Can someone tell me the correct ET for 8x17'' that I will have the tire aligned with wheels archers?
I'm also afraid that could hit the archer because my car is lower...does someone had this problem?

:angel)

I’ve forgotten these ones…maybe last photos with Supersport wheels fitted!

dsc004904ix.jpg

dsc004915wd.jpg

dsc004927qe.jpg

dsc004931as.jpg

Last mods mods:
Brembo Max Discs and Textar pads.
dsc004835tb.jpg

dsc004882yc.jpg

And some virtual tuning to see what wheels I could maybe buy!
- Stock wheels, Alfa Romeo.
image04dx.jpg

- Superleggera old in Silver.
image11la.jpg

- Superleggera old in antracite.
image21hm.jpg

- Superleggera new, the Ultraleggera.
image33lp.jpg

- Superleggera new in gold (don’t liked only to see the result!).
image41sh.jpg

What do you think that fits best with my Nero Alfa? :confusbig)

Very beautiful!!
I suggest you superleggera silver and the GTA body kit :elio)
I would want some detail in more on the attack of CDA :scratch)
Also I have it but I have mounted it in an other place :nod)
I'm sorry for english, google help me!! :lol:

Nice car!! I like the shift knob... I suppose that's home made, I never seen anyone around :OK)

Please, don't wash your car with brush! :mecry2) Use the Polish to remove the scratchs from paint.
image41sh.jpg

Railman":2wg8znsh ha detto:
Nice car!! I like the shift knob... I suppose that's home made, I never seen anyone around :OK)

Please, don't wash your car with brush! :mecry2) Use the Polish to remove the scratchs from paint.

Yes I know, but I have the car little more than 4 years now, and the black it's really difficult to clean...but it's the color I like more!
I didn't polish yet, because I have a damage door and some scratch that I want to repair, then I'm going to do a full treatment to the paint to be new again. :D

About the shift knob...believe or not...it's a simple door knob, that I've "transformed" to a shift knob...because I like DIY jobs very much and I like to do good and practical mods with less money as possible. :nuovi010)

More than half mods I have, I've done all at home on my garage...Intake system, sparks, pedals, shifter, Thermal tape, Headlights mod, bumper grid, blinkers, Brake calipers paint, installation brembo disc and textar pads...etc...but now I don't have so much spare time because happily I was a father some months ago. :Ball)

BTW...here some pics from DIY shifter job...
01dsc007204sd.jpg

02dsc007219ah.jpg

03dsc007276ir.jpg

04dsc007261rm.jpg

05dsc007258xb.jpg

06dsc007240lr.jpg

07dsc007164gz.jpg

08dsc007281jd.jpg

09dsc007176ez.jpg

10dsc007315yf.jpg

11dsc007196to.jpg

12dsc007510ka.jpg

13dsc007378ry.jpg

I have another know that I didn't finish yet...its a little smaller than the one on the pic and color its metallic gray.
:marameo)

n|k3sT":3t39bs5w ha detto:
Very beautiful!!
I suggest you superleggera silver and the GTA body kit :elio)
I would want some detail in more on the attack of CDA :scratch)
Also I have it but I have mounted it in an other place :nod)
I'm sorry for english, google help me!! :lol:

The BMC CDA air filter carbon box its like this on the inside:
cda-zu3.jpg

BMC-CDA.gif

Some people mount this way...because it's simple and use original pipes:
bmc_cda-alfa03.jpg

The problem with the installation on above, has lot of pipes and curves, Downs give good air circulation and it's could get water into the intake because the intake pipe goes too close to the ground...and when it rain a lot in Portugal some roads seams like a swimming pool!!!

Then I had CDA placed in several sites to test what was the best installation for the best performance, here some pics:
Original intake:
0008ly.jpg

Some tests with air box placed on a cold site:
0013wy.jpg

With different pipes to protect from the heat:
0027qv.jpg

More fresh air:
0036nr.jpg

Even more fresh air and air box almost on the ground to stay always cool:
0049bi.jpg

Then I realize that was too many pipes and air circuit was very long, the I've went to the previous solution:
0051qc.jpg

The one above was good, but very difficult to take off the carbon box to clean, because only could removed from below on the wheel archer...then I had to find the best and practical solution, that was I have now:
0062wp.jpg

Then I've design a air collector to get only fresh air from the outside of the engine bay, another DIY work:
intake2rh.jpg

On the end, goes something like this:
dsc006442lf.jpg

Here's the photos from the DIY hole I had to made to get fresh air to the intake:
dsc006377jw.jpg

dsc006405ep.jpg

dsc006398pq.jpg

dsc006575na.jpg

dsc006210cy.jpg

dsc006442lf.jpg

dsc006506wz.jpg

dsc006465fs.jpg

dsc006597yp.jpg

The next mod I'm going to made to the intake, it's to buy the headlight support from a 147 from 2002/2003 or above, because they came already with hole, like on this pic:
20040520alfa147_04.jpg

Bottom line, best results I've get was with less pipes as possible and lots of fresh air as possible, that the secret! :elio)

1)ma questo CDA e per il 1.6? mi pare un po grossino...
2)li davanti il cda non e sopra ai collettori dove ce un po di caldo? ok ke li tutti incellofanati per il calore...
3)collegando cosi vicino il cda non si perdono ai bassi? io so ke piu il filtro e lontano dal corpo farfallato e piu rendera ai bassi, piu e vicino piu perde ai bassi ma guadagna agli alti... infatti quando avevo il conico lo avevo messo il piu lontato possibile quasi dove c e il passaruota...

foto:
filtro005ridimensionare5ef.jpg

Great!Very cool ed nice car!!! :OK) :handclap)
Per il cda messo così se n'era già parlato in 1 altro post,anche io dico che secondo me scalda e non rende.. :scratch)
Per le gomme,sarà possibile,come del resto in altri paesi fuori dall'Italia..

alexone85":1hge73xi ha detto:
1)ma questo CDA e per il 1.6? mi pare un po grossino...
2)li davanti il cda non e sopra ai collettori dove ce un po di caldo? ok ke li tutti incellofanati per il calore...
3)collegando cosi vicino il cda non si perdono ai bassi? io so ke piu il filtro e lontano dal corpo farfallato e piu rendera ai bassi, piu e vicino piu perde ai bassi ma guadagna agli alti... infatti quando avevo il conico lo avevo messo il piu lontato possibile quasi dove c e il passaruota...

foto:
filtro005ridimensionare5ef.jpg

1) Yes, it's the correct size, for 1.6 it's the CDA70-130.
2) That's why I've used the thermal tape on the manifold and radiator pipes, to avoid hot to the box.
3) Sorry I didn't understand completely the 3 question...but on the bottom it's very difficult to remove clean and install again, more than 1 hour...I had to put on a place that its easier to remove. Your installation it's very good, fresh air and you do not have water problem...if I didn't had the CDA and have a direct filter like yous, maybe was the place I've also install mine.

molodiri":1hge73xi ha detto:
Very beautiful car :OK)

Sorry, 215/40 :confusbig) ... in possible in portugal :scratch)

In Italy only 215/45 17"
No...its illegal...but also lowering the car it's illegal, installing a filter like mine it's illegal, almost every tuning mod it's illegal because we have now street racing reputation the some dick heads had some accidents on some more important roads...then the government thinks that tuning and street racing it's the same...then everything its forbidden!!!!
But I don't want to know...I like my bella this way!
I had 225/45-17'' looks good but it's too big for a simple 1.6, then I've replaced by this 215/40-17 to gain performance, but when they finish maybe I went again to 215/45-17 but with new wheel maybe 8x17'' then because it's 8x the tire will opens and stay almost thinner as is mine 215/40...that's something I have to check!

teknomotion":1hge73xi ha detto:
Great!Very cool ed nice car!!! :OK) :handclap)
Per il cda messo così se n'era già parlato in 1 altro post,anche io dico che secondo me scalda e non rende.. :scratch)
Per le gomme,sarà possible,come del resto in altri paesi fuori dall'Italia..
On the last dyno test I've done, I've get a strange value...curiously I have more horsepower with CDA installed that without any filter...with only pipes directly have less hp that my filter installed....I don't know why, maybe could be the fact that with the filter gets only fresh air from outside and with only the pipes could aspirate some hot air from engine bay...I don't know!

pamendes":3ajpk4b0 ha detto:
2) That's why I've used the thermal tape on the manifold and radiator pipes, to avoid hot to the box.
3) Sorry I didn't understand completely the 3 question...but on the bottom it's very difficult to remove clean and install again, more than 1 hour...I had to put on a place that its easier to remove. Your installation it's very good, fresh air and you do not have water problem...if I didn't had the CDA and have a direct filter like yous, maybe was the place I've also install mine.!
thanks for compliments of my direct filter.
sorry, but because you dont put the cda where i put my direct filter? sorry for my english.

alexone85":31sw9tgl ha detto:
pamendes":31sw9tgl ha detto:
3) Sorry I didn't understand completely the 3 question...but on the bottom it's very difficult to remove clean and install again, more than 1 hour...I had to put on a place that its easier to remove. Your installation it's very good, fresh air and you do not have water problem...if I didn't had the CDA and have a direct filter like yous, maybe was the place I've also install mine.!
thanks for compliments of my direct filter.
sorry, but because you dont put the cda where i put my direct filter? sorry for my english.

There it's very difficult to take off the carbon box to clean, because only could removed from below on the wheel archer (box too big!)...then I had to find the best and practical solution, that was I have now...